Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TaCL Portraits


As I mentioned in a previous post, TaCL Portraits is a new endeavor of my wife's which branches directly out of Through a Cracked Lens Photography. Links to both can also be found in the right hand column below the Library.

The primary idea for TaCL is to provide photo shoots for families with someone who has special needs, whatever they may be. Of course it is not limited to just those families. Shooting special needs families takes a different skillset which makes it difficult to take SN kids to Walmart or Sears photo studios and get something that works for you. You need to have a great deal of patience and at the same time constantly be ready to shoot and capture that fleeting moment before it is gone. It helps if there is a brother or sister involved. You can work with them until everyone is comfortable enough to join in. Since this can easily last 15 minutes or longer depending on the child, the method really doesn't work for any of the department store studios who are trying to push as many clients through as fast as possible.

So do I have these skills? I like to think I do as I have been photographing my kids for years and my son has autism.

G



G

No comments:

Post a Comment