Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fireworks

My wife and I recently took my kids to a nearby carnival to see the firework during our last long weekend. My kids love the carnival and have been chomping at the bit all winter to go to one. My wife and kids really like fireworks and I have been waiting to try my hand at shooting some. Well the time finally came and they got to see them and I got to shoot them.

With all of my fireworks shots I took them using the bulb setting, while my camera was mounted on a tripod. I also used an infra red remote to open and close the shutter.

Generally speaking I believe I used photoshop for the following adjustments on all the shots, although to varying degrees; increasing the vibrancy of the colours, increasing the blacks and improving the contrast to a small degree to ensure that the streaks stood out.


I still have a few more shots that I will try to get edited and posted soon. Actually shooting these was a lot more fun than I would have expected. I will have to try it again soon.

G

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love these photos. They are almost worth having you tune the rest of us out completely and not sharing in family unit time. ;)

    ReplyDelete